Friday, February 8, 2008

Fra-gee-lay. That must be Italian.

The weather for the past month has been pretty much miserable. If it's not raining, it's snowing. And if it's not cold it's frigid. So the prospect of heading into the garage during this time of year has been keeping me a little unmotivated. But the purchase of an old $5 space heater from Goodwill has changed my outlook. So yesterday I fired up the heater and started unboxing all of the long strips of wood panels that will eventually be glued together. 

It's amazing at this point to see the strips of wood and know that this pile will turn into my sea kayak. I'm getting closer and closer to actually starting the first step in the instruction manual. Also yesterday I popped my head into the marine boat store that is directly across from the Lowes near my house. I discovered there a complete section of tools and brushes and gadgets that I will need in the epoxy/fiberglass stage. It's great to know that resource is so close to home.

No comments: