Friday, March 28, 2008

It's SNOWING?????

It's almost April. Winter should be a distant memory. Yet, this morning we woke up to big, heavy snow flakes falling. And an hour and a half later, it's still coming down. Ironically, we are going snow camping this weekend with friends up in the Mt Hood area, looks like at this rate we can save ourselves the drive and camp in the back yard.

In kayak news, I just got my new paddle!! It has sexy red blades and is super light. It's made by Werner Paddles, they are a local NW family owned company up near Seattle, where there is some of the best sea kayaking around. I can't wait to use it.

The interior of the boat is finished. The last coat of epoxy I applied last night is drying. The next step is to flip the boat back over and begin clipping off all the exposed copper wires and prepping the hull for fiberglass and epoxy.




1 comment:

Katie said...

I can't believe it snowed there! That's just not right. I hope you brought lots of warm stuff for your camping trip! Love the red paddle. That will look sharp when you're out in the boat!