Friday, April 25, 2008

Foot Braces


I didn't know this was the next step in the manual, I thought I was going to launch into putting the deck on, but it makes sense to prep the boat for foot braces before the deck gets in the way. These aluminum tracks attach to the inside of the boat and allow for adjustment in the position of the foot brace forward or back. 

The preparation is pretty simple: I marked the location of the rails, drilled two holes for each through the hull, then applied epoxy to a strip or 3" fiberglass fabric that goes over the holes (but will be under the rails) and act as strength reinforcement. Once the epoxy has cured I re-drill the mounting holes through the fiberglass and epoxy. That's it. 

The final installation of the foot braces comes at the very end. Now, on to the decks...!

No comments: