Sunday, April 27, 2008

Kayak Demo Day

Yesterday a local kayak retailer, Alder Creek Kayak, put on a kayak demo day at a lake just north into Washington. It was an opportunity for anyone to come out for free and try any boat they had there (including canoes) as well as learn tips and techniques during hourly, casual lectures. The weather was amazing, about 68 degrees and sunny, so there was a great turn out. I was actually impressed with how many boats they had and how many people were paddling around.

I hopped in a few myself, mostly the Wilderness Systems kayaks as that's a boat that Leighann is considering buying to keep up with me on the water. Alder Creek has a couple 2006 models that are discounted, so one of those could be in her future. From what I could tell, they are super comfy and pretty stable boats. 

Here are a few photos from the event.






1 comment:

Katie said...

Glad the weather was good for this event; looks like a good time! I've never been in a kayak; it makes me nervous to not really be able to move my legs around much. I'll stick with my canoe, although I doubt I'd be able to keep up with you on the water!